Irony

Logging on for the first time on here in a few months, I chuckled at the irony of a fresh-faced and slightly less world weary Tom back in early March, who found getting into Module Two difficult. Little did he know that that would be one of his lesser worries during the following six months. 

I managed to do work on Module Two that I was pleased with. As I have attested to many times before, theoretical, written and (what I would call) traditional academic based work have not been my forté, so I was very pleased to come away with the grades I did over the last two modules. 

As I have been thinking about the work I will carry out in Mod Three, I have thought about how our industry has changed, and how I have changed too. I have not been overly encouraged in general by the industry's finger pointing and lack of positive action during this time. However, it seems to me that those that have made the greatest strides in terms of coming back and presenting work, are those associated with Comedy in theatre. 

Perhaps that's a co-incidence. Perhaps, it's to do with the light hearted and easier going nature of the artists involved int hat particular area. Whether it's Mischief getting their Movie Night show going, or the family musical comedies that are touring outdoor venues, they do seem to be faring better than the drama-based producing houses/companies which are still shut down.

Going forward into this research, I think it will be pertinent to touch onto this, and put it in perspective of the larger question I am asking. After all, I think we all need a laugh right now, don't we?



Comments

  1. Totally agree! Lots of positive change is needed moving forward and less moaning all round 🙌

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Out

Induction Follow Up