Skype Discussion 18/11/19

Hey everyone!

Just putting down a few thoughts about last night's brilliant Skype.

This was the first Skype I'd been a part of for a while, and it was really heartening to speak to a group of people who are all in the same boat as me. Obviously Laura and I have been bouncing ideas and essay point off each other, but it was good for us both to know that the wider community in the course are at a similar stage to us.

We discussed how theories can relate to our practice. I've been looking at my practice and all of the areas of learning that are included in my essay. It has been useful to me to do that and map everything out, and then find literature and theories that relate to what I'm already doing. I find that the easier way round as it means the theories and practitioners I find fit my practice, rather than shoe-horning in theories to match that may not fully relate to my practice.

We also spoke about the diagram, and I'm excited to develop that further knowing that I have the freedom to make it in my own vision. Currently I see it as mapping my practice as a tree with lots of beaches/leaves of all strands of my practice coming off of it, but let's see where it goes!

If anyone wants to discuss anything, I'm more than happy to chat, as I'm sure Laura is too! Believe me, having someone to bounce things off makes it all a lot more manageable and less scary!

T

Comments

  1. Hi Thomas, I am just starting out on the Module one and found your method of looking at the areas of learning first and going from there useful and similar to how i plan to approach the essay myself! I agree that it helps to find linked theories as opposed to trying to make ones match your ideas that may not otherwise do so! I would love your opinion on how to differentiate topics for my essay and my diagram, which am thinking may be in a powerpoint style mind map.Thank you!
    Anushka

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Out

Induction Follow Up

Irony